Monday, April 18, 2011

Greek Magic Papyri in Practice

Michael Cecchetelli, author of Scarlet Imprint's Crossed Keys, wrote a blog piece on adapting a Greek Magic Papyri rite to modern usage today that I thought was flippin' sweet. It's exactly the kind of thing I try to do with magic, find something that does what I want in the older traditional stuff, and then figure out what it does, how it does it, and do it now for me.

The Greek Magical Papyri are such a rich resource for awesome material that fits right into Hermetic practice. Betz's book is great reading material when you're feeling lost about what you should be doing magically. Seeing what the Hermeticists of their time were up to can inspire and direct us in our own practice. And we get to say fun Barbarous Words.

Michael has a way with making something ancient applicable in modern times. Good stuff, definitely worth checking out:


I'm going to be watching this blog with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.