Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Unforgiveable Sin

I don't usually talk Christian Theology on my blog, but today I'll make an exception.

According to the Bible, Christians are supposed to TRY REAL HARD not to sin, but if we fail, the blood of Christ is sufficient to cover those sins, and we just ask for forgiveness and help not sinning any more, and then carry on.

However, there is one unforgiveable sin, that is, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. There's a lot of debate in the Church at large about what, exactly, that means. I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's when you fail to clean up your dog's shit when you're walking them in other people's yards.

Kidnapping Jesus and holding him for ransom is forgiveable.

3 comments:

  1. haha, this is too great. Love it, Frater RO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure there must be some back story on this. Did the old lady have a statue of Jesus in her yard, and that is what the note-maker stole?

    How does one kidnap Jesus anyhow?

    All kidding aside I think the biblical "Unforgivable Sin" is atheism.
    Not agnosticism, but atheism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always was told in Sunday school and the like that "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" was blasphemy against God. So, when they Pharisees said that Jesus cast out demons by Beelzebub (thereby equating the Holy Spirit in Jesus with a demon), they were committing this sin. Presumably, the Gnostics' concept of an evil Demiurge would also qualify.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.