Friday, November 06, 2009

About that curse on the book...

The "curse" on the book is just for pirates stealing my work and putting it out on the web intentionally depriving me of income off my work. There's little chance that you'll accidentally trigger the curse by saving the book to a thumbdrive, or even letting a your friends read copies. I consider that "fair use." The curse is directed at anyone loading anything I write up to a torrent or file-sharing service that is geared to spreading the information for free to millions of members or just your average web surfer.

It's also aimed only at the person that uploads the material. I think the sites that provide the service with the intent to rip off writers are deplorable, but most file sharing sites are providing the service with good intentions. I respect those who make the Great Work accessible to more people. I just don't want my stuff given away until I've been dead for at least 25 years.

After that, it's fair game.* I think I'll put that in my will. I want people to ...

Oh my god. I just realized I'm talking about leaving my stuff for posterity. I'm not as arrogant as I may seem, really.

Ok, maybe I am. Maybe I do think the stuff being written today by people like me and Jason Miller and Patrick Dunn and many of my up and coming blogger friends is going to change the world and make it a better place for magicians to live in. We're doing the magic, changing the face of the world a little bit, one reader at a time. I am proud of that, proud of being a part of it.

This is the best time in history to be an occultist, ever. We have access to so much more, and our generation of magicians have left the armchair for good. I don't think there were this many practicing magicians with Knowledge and Conversation with their Holy Guardian Angels ever before on Earth. And we have access to their materials, their experiences, their Work online that no magician in history has had.

It's fabulous, really.

*Not until I'm dead for 25 years, or I'll haunt you myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.