Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Something For God To Do - Prayer Wheels & Petition Boxes

Recently, Jason Miller posted that he has a petition box that he will place people's needs in. I'm not going to repeat his whole post, so just click on this link for more information.

Today I got one of those emails that people forward around to their friends. Chances are you've gotten it. It's the "Memo from God" that says:

"This is God.  Today I will be handling All of your problems for you.  I do Not need your help.  So, have a nice day."

I've gotten it before. Somewhere along the way though, someone added this neat little bit:

"P.S.   And, remember... If life happens to de liver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself!  Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours."

Now I don't entirely agree with the whole "Let go and let God" philosophy this reflects. I mean, we're HERE after all, and we can do stuff, so I think it's safe to say that if we can, there's a reason. We're supposed to be doing stuff to affect our realm of influence.

But I like the SFGTD box. It's a modern cultural way to get back to petition boxes, like the one Jason made for Michael.

I'm going to start using the Prayer Wheel part of The Box to write out things that I want God to do. Since he has this thing about graven images of himself, I'll connect the 'trodes with something other than an egraved seal. Maybe I'll make a YHShVH or something out of copper wire.Oooh! One of those ubiquitous Jesus fishes might work, or just a simple cross. heh. I'm a friggin' genius. Of course.

2 comments:

  1. After listening to a full hour and a half lecture with Q and A from Uncle Chuckie I may actually be willing to try a radionics box out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really I think that the symbol would be more appropriate as the alpha and omega. A complete circuit and an electrical joke. Come on Divinity would love it! OHM mega... never mind...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, your opinions are valued, even if I disagree with them. Please feel free to criticize my ideas and arguments, question my observations, and push back if you disagree.